SofaRun v1.0 - The ROM loader for the lazy penguins !

Página 5/7
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7

Por roadfighter

Champion (438)

Imagen del roadfighter

05-01-2015, 07:04

Yes all the buttons work fine, on z80 and r800.

Por Retrofan

Paragon (1282)

Imagen del Retrofan

14-01-2015, 19:01

@Louthrax: Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but SofaRun can't execute %GMC2% after flashing with OPFXSD. (got "Unrecognized command" error). I want to try the Game Master 2 feature. Do I need OPFXSD version 1.14 with /Bx support? Also I do have MFR SCC+ SD with 512kB and using the ROM drive of it. Is SofaRun compatible with it? I changed the paths of the INI file already.
And what version of GMASTER2.ROM do I need? (renamed GM2-PACK.ROM or original one, maybe patched one as original one needs CTRL at startup at FS-A1ST?)

Por Guillian

Prophet (3504)

Imagen del Guillian

15-01-2015, 09:27

You must add SofaRun and OPFXSD to the path. OPFXSD is in the path by default after booting the ROM Disk.
Type from command line (or make a .BAT file) with:
PATH A:\;A:\BIN;B:\SOFARUN (or whatever path you need)

You don't need patched versions of Game Master 1/2

Por KdL

Paragon (1436)

Imagen del KdL

15-01-2015, 17:57

v3Ry N1ce w0Rk Louthrax!! Big smile

Por Retrofan

Paragon (1282)

Imagen del Retrofan

15-01-2015, 18:47

Guillian wrote:

You must add SofaRun and OPFXSD to the path. OPFXSD is in the path by default after booting the ROM Disk.
Type from command line (or make a .BAT file) with:
PATH A:\;A:\BIN;B:\SOFARUN (or whatever path you need)

You don't need patched versions of Game Master 1/2

Thanks Guillian, the PATH did the trick (COMMAND2.COM version 2.31 or higher) Wink Thanks Louthrax for this nice tool!

Por Cauterize

Supporter (6)

Imagen del Cauterize

28-03-2015, 00:41

Sorry guys but I'm having real trouble with Sofarun Sad Is there a guide or tuorial anywhere on how to get it setup and running?

I have the MegaFlashROM SCC+ and a JoyMega Adapter and was hoping to use Sofarun to loads games up. I think I'm doing something wrong though as I can only get 16kb games (nothing bigger) to load. Here's my setup:

Philips VG-8235 MSX2
MegaFlashROM SCC+ with 2gb SD Card

SD Card Layout:
B:\ROMs (All the games in here)
B:\Sofarun

Once the cartridge has loaded, in Nextor I change the path with H key to go to B: and then find Sofarun and load it. When loaded I choose a game and press start, and then each time a large ROM is loaded, it does this:

After hitting any key Sofarun quits and I'm back in Nextor :(

Looking in the settings screen of Sofarun too, I noticed that the available memory is only 28996, which might be why I can't load any larger games :(

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I just want to use my MegaFlashROM with Sofarun so I can enjoy games really easily.

Por Louthrax

Prophet (2419)

Imagen del Louthrax

28-03-2015, 01:08

Hi Cauterize,

Your problems seem caused by the fact that you are launching SofaRun from MultiMente. That makes a tricky-combo for MSX-DOS (SofaRun is launched as an external problem, then OPFXSD.COM is launched from SofaRun as an external program too !).

Try to exit MultiMente and go to pure MSX-DOS 2 and just type "sofarun", tt should work well. Next version of SofaRun will use a different mechanism for launching external applications, maybe things will work better then.

Cauterize wrote:

Looking in the settings screen of Sofarun too, I noticed that the available memory is only 28996, which might be why I can't load any larger games Sad

This bytes free indication is only related to the memory available for the file browser to display&sort file names (SofaRun should support directories with +/- 2000 ROMs). It it not related at all with your flash device or memory-mapped memory, I think I might remove this indication as it is a bit confusing.

Por Cauterize

Supporter (6)

Imagen del Cauterize

28-03-2015, 11:30

Absolutely fantastic, thank you so much for your help. Quitting out of MM (or what I was calling Nextor, oops!) definitely does help. I've been able to get a good few games working now.

I followed your guide above to to make a BAT file to load everything I need too:

PATH A:\;A:\BIN;B:\SOFARUN
CD SOFARUN
SOFARUN.COM

Is there any way I can edit the main AUTOEXEC file to boot straight into Sofarun instead of MM when I use the cartridge, and get everything set up with the PATH stuff so I can just get gaming? Chances are I'm never really going to use MM really as the MegaFlashROM was bought purely for gaming.

And just for the record too, Sofarun is exactly what I was hoping for when I bought my MegaFlashROM about a year ago. The system definitely needed a great ROM loader, so kudos for what you've done and keep up with it. Big smile

Por Louthrax

Prophet (2419)

Imagen del Louthrax

28-03-2015, 23:49

Cauterize wrote:

Is there any way I can edit the main AUTOEXEC file to boot straight into Sofarun instead of MM when I use the cartridge, and get everything set up with the PATH stuff so I can just get gaming? Chances are I'm never really going to use MM really as the MegaFlashROM was bought purely for gaming.

Well, the question is in your answer ;-) Just put the code you mentionned into AUTOEXEC.BAT and that's all !

Cauterize wrote:

And just for the record too, Sofarun is exactly what I was hoping for when I bought my MegaFlashROM about a year ago. The system definitely needed a great ROM loader, so kudos for what you've done and keep up with it. Big smile

Thanks, glad to see SofaRun makes MSX gaming easier !

Por Cauterize

Supporter (6)

Imagen del Cauterize

29-03-2015, 22:30

Ha, I didn't explain myself properly. I tried editing AUTOEXEC in MM using the Edit function, however, when I try to save it says access denied. With it being on the A:, I couldn't work out how to get in there and tweak things. Any ideas?

Página 5/7
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7