Nemesis - Gradius ENHANCED IPS Patch

Pagina 4/5
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5

Van gdx

Enlighted (5715)

afbeelding van gdx

15-04-2017, 10:14

Victor wrote:
gdx wrote:

The game doesn't work without Memory Mapper! It works on The National FS-A1 only if I insert a Memory Mapper cartridge (128kB or more?).

No... I use only 64 kbytes.. But I use mapper instructions... OUT(0FEh)... OUT(0FCh)...

The game freezes on "Loading..." without Memory Mapper (also on emulator). It's same if I insert a Memory Mapper with I/O ports no readable. The game works only when I use a Memory Mapper with I/O ports readable.

Van Victor

Champion (509)

afbeelding van Victor

15-04-2017, 11:29

gdx wrote:

The game freezes on "Loading..." without Memory Mapper (also on emulator). It's same if I insert a Memory Mapper with I/O ports no readable. The game works only when I use a Memory Mapper with I/O ports readable.

Oh my God!!
I thought that all MSX2 had memory mapper!!!

Van ricbit

Champion (438)

afbeelding van ricbit

15-04-2017, 12:29

Not all msx2 have mapper, not all of the mappers have readable registers. If you want to maximize compatibility, Out but never In from a mapper register. Even if they have readable registers you may get inconsistent readings if more than one mapper is connected to the system.

Van MsxKun

Paragon (1111)

afbeelding van MsxKun

15-04-2017, 12:53

What ricbit said. On MSX you can't almost never assume something is there, it's better to check for it and be sure it's where you need it to be. There are exceptiosn tho. But mappers are delicate.

Van Louthrax

Prophet (2432)

afbeelding van Louthrax

15-04-2017, 13:11

ricbit wrote:

Not all msx2 have mapper, not all of the mappers have readable registers. If you want to maximize compatibility, Out but never In from a mapper register. Even if they have readable registers you may get inconsistent readings if more than one mapper is connected to the system.

Hi Ricbit,
I was assuming all MSX2 had memory mappers. Do you have any example of MSX2 without that? (my HB-F1XDJ has only 64KB RAM, but it is memory mapper).

Van Victor

Champion (509)

afbeelding van Victor

15-04-2017, 13:18

MsxKun wrote:

What ricbit said. On MSX you can't almost never assume something is there, it's better to check for it and be sure it's where you need it to be. There are exceptiosn tho. But mappers are delicate.

I've thought that... next time, I won't assume anything...

Van Victor

Champion (509)

afbeelding van Victor

15-04-2017, 13:25

ricbit wrote:

Not all msx2 have mapper, not all of the mappers have readable registers. If you want to maximize compatibility, Out but never In from a mapper register. Even if they have readable registers you may get inconsistent readings if more than one mapper is connected to the system.

I don't read the mapper... I just write. I thought that all MSX2 HAD mapper... that's all...

Van gdx

Enlighted (5715)

afbeelding van gdx

15-04-2017, 13:55

Louthrax wrote:

(my HB-F1XDJ has only 64KB RAM, but it is memory mapper).

All MSX2+ have a Memory Mapper.

The majority of MSX2 of 64kB (all?) do not have Memory Mapper.

I think all internal mappers have readable registers.

Van Turrebo

Expert (82)

afbeelding van Turrebo

15-04-2017, 21:39

Nice avatar, Victor ;-)

Van Victor

Champion (509)

afbeelding van Victor

15-04-2017, 23:47

Turrebo wrote:

Nice avatar, Victor ;-)

OOOhhh!! Yes!! Thanks!! You too!! LOL!! LOL!

Pagina 4/5
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5